Eric's bike is a bit of a hybrid. A back up bike for cross that he will ride to work.
The frame will have 1 water bottle mount (he swears it is for his coffee thermos) and fender mounts even with horizontal drop outs. The fenders are secondary and he knows they will require quick disconnects to get the rear wheel out with ease. The rest of the bike is going to be identical to his geared cross bike. Tomorrow after I tack it and weld it I will put up some photos.
Sorry for the lack of blogging this week.
I have been trying very hard to get lots done. The painter is backed up a bit beyond what I would like but it makes no sense to bug him about it. Delays happen and really there is no reason to get upset. I learned my lesson this past year to start the cross bikes WAY sooner than I think is correct. It is the most cross bikes I have had to build and I thought I would get through them quicker than I did.
This weekend is the open house and I hope people show up. It should be fun as long as a few people attend and are into drinking beer.
I have actually purchased a paint booth. It is not here yet and I have lots of work before I actually paint anything and even longer before I paint anything I sell. It should be a fun but hard road. I will take some photos of the booth (it is a Binks) when I get it here.
Kirk's bike is done. I need to finish the stem but the frame is done.
He is going with a carbon fork that will get painted to match and I have already made the "seat post". The bike is rather light and I think the "track" drop outs look nice. These are the ones with the bottle opener on the non drive side and knowing Kirk it will get used.
Some final brazing and then off to the painter.
Had a good day behind the helmet. This bike is almost finished. I welded the entire bike and will braze the drop outs in a bit. Then onto the stuff that makes it a cross bike. Canti studs, cable hanger and some other fun bits.
I spent my late Saturday overhauling my gear box from the Clausing. I was lucky enough to find a complete gear box and from it had all the spare parts I needed to get all my tumblers working again. It was a rather huge undertaking but I had the diagrams and also a second of everything (except what I needed obviously) so I went knee deep into the repair. Here is a few shots of the internals of only one small part of a lathe.